Arborist Tree Surgeon - Devon
Arborist/Tree Surgeon wanted to join our client’s busy team based from South Devon. Must have minimum of 1 year on working in the arboriculture industry.
Most of the work will be as a grounds person although we are also looking for experienced climbers as well.
The role of a Climber / Grounds person is a crucial role in the team. You will be confident in using the harnesses and equipment to effectively and safely prune and remove branches in line with the plans as instructed by the team leader as well as some felling. You will also be responsible for assessing the hazards posed by the trees and their health and required treatment. This role is a key physical role in ensuring that the site and equipment is cleared and maintained to ensure productivity and safety at all times.
You will also be expected to:
• Effectively handle all ground rope operation for the safety of all team members
• Maintenance and appropriate storage of all equipment being used on site to ensure that they are secure and kept
• Efficient and safe use of the chipper and chainsaw handling as well as raking and clearing up of the customer site, promptly and efficiently for an excellent customer experience.
We might also be able to accommodate trained junior members into the team to progress their training.
We will also expect you to have:
• NPTC Qualifications (OR Equivalent) CS30, CS31 plus if climbing CS38 & CS39
• Full drivers license (consideration will be given to those without)
• Full PPE
If you are using your own climbing equipment, it must be within LOLER certification guidelines and certificates are to be presented to the company.
For more information please send your CV to Gary Latchford or call him on 0345 241 1000.
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application. If you do not wish us to submit or use your CV please do email to ask us to destroy your CV as soon as possible to ensure it is not used.
Please fill out the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV to be considered for an interview.